Bug report: 1Password 8 app doesn't respond to touchscreen taps

Options
Netpog
Netpog
Community Member

I cannot get any response from the Windows 8 Windows app by tapping the screen. All buttons ignore my finger and the device's stylus. The side-buttons on the stylus don't work either. 1Password 8 for Windows insists on a click from a system mouse.

Possible cause: I note that you detect mouse-over as I prepare to mouse-click. Perhaps you inadvertently treat mouse-over as a prerequisite?

WHY THIS IS A BUG: Although I can work-around by using a mouse, trackpoint, or touchpad, this presents a constant distraction. Because EVERY OTHER APP interprets taps (or stylus-touches) as mouse-clicks, I must remember to use a different method for your app, and only your app.

ENVIRONMENT: Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4 laptop in regular mode (i.e. with keyboard). Drivers are current.
Windows 10 Pro 21H2.
1Password for Windows 8.6.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Netpog, I'm sorry to learn you've encountered this issue. I believe this has been sorted out in the latest Beta release of 1Password 8.

Could you try switching to the Beta channel, update the app, and do a quick sign out and back in again? This may well fix the issue, and if it doesn't we'll be happy to investigate further. 👍

You can find the appropriate setting under ... > Settings > Advanced and set the release channel to Beta.

I hope this is helpful!

• Netpog
    Netpog
    Community Member
    Options

Peter, I did as you said, and installed 8.7.0 beta, and the problem is FIXED: I can use my touchscreen exactly as expected.

Thanks!

• On behalf of Peter, you're very welcome @Netpog!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.