Lock on quit?

I just noticed that quitting 1P while it is unlocked and then opening it (maybe within a minute) results in the application starting up in the unlocked state. Maybe this was always the case but I just noticed it. In contrast, the iPhone app always launches in the locked state (or at least it asks for the unlock code). Is this the expected behavior? It seems a little insecure to me. I haven't changed any preference settings.
Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2012
    Hi there,

Yes, it is expected as there's a default auto-lock timer set to 20 minutes, so you have to configure the security settings for 1Password to match your needs.

To do this, open 1Password, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Security and adjust the settings here to configure how often 1Password should lock itself.

This guide will explain all the settings listed: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/preferences_security.html

I hope this helps, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Yes, I knew about the "auto lock" preferences but I never noticed that the time out setting was honored even when the application was quit. I guess I don't quit 1P very often.
    Thanks for the explanation.
  • Hi,

Yes, the way it works is that there's a background service (1Password Helper) on your Mac that's responsible for the auto-lock settings and also to sync with your browser extensions. So, most of that actions are done in the background even without opening 1Password first.

You're welcome, if we could be of further assistance, please let us know!
This discussion has been closed.