I am not able to add a 2fa to an entry on my phone

Options
wbphelps
wbphelps
Community Member

I added a new login to my 1Password. it tells me I can add 2FA. went to my phone and followed instructions to add an entry and for my PayPal login it worked. Then I added a login for Shopify, which also supports 2FA. When I try to add the 2FA for this login there is nothing in the list of things I can add that says 2 factor auth. It's simpy not there, even tho 1Password told me I could add it, and still does when I look at the login entry using the app on my PC. Something is broken with the app. I also try to add 2fa using the PC client but when I click on the Scan QR Code button it says it failed.
Thanks,
Will

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2fa

Comments

• tyler_
    Options

Hey, @wbphelps!

To set up two-factor authentication on an item saved to 1Password, select the item in the Android app, tap the Edit action with the pencil icon in the top app bar, tap add new section, tap add new field, and tap One-Time Password from the menu. At that point, you can scan a QR code from another device or enter a string of characters into the one-time password field if the site has that option.

You can find more information about one-time passwords on the 1Password Support linked below.

https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

This discussion has been closed.