What is the button added to the Android navigation bar?

Options
gzearfoss
gzearfoss
Community Member

I'm a new user trying the system. When I downloaded the Android app using the QR code, it asked about adding something to the navigation bar at the bottom of the phone screen. I added it, but can't tell what is is supposed to do, and can't find anything about it in my online search. What is the person shaped icon, what does it do, and if needs be, how do I get rid of it?
Thanks,
Glenn

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @gzearfoss. The button you're seeing is just to turn the accessibility service on and off. You do not need this enabled for use with 1Password. Try following these steps:
    1. Launch and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    3. Tap Accessibility.

• At this point, you'll be in your device's settings for Accessibility.
    1. Leave 1Password itself on, but turn 1Password shortcut off.

That should remove that button at the bottom of your screen. Let us know if you need anything else!

• gzearfoss
    gzearfoss
    Community Member
    Options

That did it. Thanks for your help.

• Hello @gzearfoss thanks for the update! On behalf of Peri, you are very welcome.

• gmj
    gmj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @peri .
    I just followed your directions and got rid of that floating button. I also turned 1PW "on" in the Accessibility settings (as you mentioned) which may help with making 1PW stop quitting when I try to use it on my Pixel phone.
    Much appreciated!

• Hello @gmj, thanks for letting us know that worked for you! If you find 1Password is locking frequently you can turn Lock on exit off or extend the Automatically lock interval. Both settings can be found from Settings > Security.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• gmj
    gmj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy, thank you for the tips about 1PW locking automatically! I will make a note of that in case it's needed.

• peri
    Options

That's awesome, @gmj. Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.