Backup Problems

armstrong360
armstrong360
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Lounge

I want to backup my 1password account. The online instructions don't match the options I have. (See https://support.1password.com/backups/)
I’m using a Mac running OS 10.15.7.
The instruction say to create a backup, “Open 1Password and choose File > Backup.” There’s no “backup” option under File, just “Export.”
The instructions also say, “To find where the backup files are kept, choose 1Password > Preferences > Backups and click Show Files.” But there’s no “Backups” option under Preferences.

If I use Export and try to export to a .1pif file, I get a message that says, “Document export not supported. Some of the items you attempted to export were documents. There is currently no support for exporting Documents from 1Password.” It creates a .1pif file but I have no idea what’s in it.

If I try to export a csv file and select All Fields, I get a very incomplete file. Basically a bunch of random entires.
If I select Common Fields, I get a somewhat more complete file, but not in any recognizable order. Nothing seems to be in the proper columns.

So, how do I create a CSV back up I can use and how do I find the automatic back ups that are supposedly being created each day?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @armstrong360! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble backing up your data. I see that you're also sent us an email and I've replied to you there. I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

ref: NYB-86639-526

This discussion has been closed.