Logs consuming all disk space

Options
haynesg
haynesg
Community Member

After long usage of the application (about 1 week or so), 1password logs consume all available disk space. I will attach an example image.

And from time to time, I have to go into that folder, clean the logs and then go back to having better disk usage.
Is there anything I can do to improve this? Since when I see it I'm out of disk space to do anything on the computer :/

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: 11

Comments

• Hey @haynesg:

Thanks for reporting this! This is something we're actively aware of, and hope to have a fix out soon. Please keep an eye for updates, but in the meantime, restarting your computer should improve your state of play. Let me know if that improves the situation!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14161

• ag_mike_d
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @haynesg,

I wanted send along a quick follow up here and ask if you could provide us with an example of one of logs that has ballooned in size or copy and paste any thing that has been repeating over and over in that log file. Can you send those details to us at support+windows@1Password.com so we can take a closer look? Please do not post that information here in the forums. Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

In the meantime, a fix for the ballooning logs has gone out to our latest Nightly build. You can download the latest nightly here or you can follow the below instructions to update to the Nightly channel:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Advanced, then set "Release channel" to Nightly.

If you run in to any further issues, please let us know! Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#14454

• haynesg
    haynesg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot for the help @ag_mike_d and @Jack.P_1P

For some strange reason, after I commented here it stopped doing this from taking up the entire disk space. I didn't need to put it in the Nightly version, or do anything, it just stopped!

But thank you so much for your help and support. If I find anything else I'll post it here in this thread.

• Hi @haynesg, thanks for getting back to us. That certainly is strange, but I'm glad to hear everything seems to be back to normal.

Do let us know if you run in to any further troubles and we'd be happy to help investigate further.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.