Does/can Local Vault sync?

tlance
tlance
Community Member

macOS v11.3.2 / 1Password v7.9.4 (subscribed) (one personal vault) - Preferences>Advanced - When checked do/can Local Vault sync with all my devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tlance

I'm afraid setting up standalone vaults at this point would be setting yourself up for failure. They will not be part of future versions of 1Password. 1Password 8 for Mac will be here quite soon. If you'd like to create additional vaults please check out this guide:

Create and share vaults

The distinction is that standalone vaults are not part of your membership, and will not sync using it. They'd have to be manually configured on each device. Membership-based vaults are "local" in that they are cached on each device that is signed into your account, which makes them accessible while offline. For further reading on standalone vaults I'd recommend a post from one of our founders, Dave, here:

What is the future of local/standalone vaults?

If you have further questions on this subject I'd recommend reaching out to our migration team via email at support+tradein@1password.com. They'd be in the best position to address those questions. I hope that helps!

Ben

• tlance
    tlance
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. After posted I did see in further reading about vaults being stored online soon. That got me to thinking about posting once this question was answered. And you also answered my future question! I was "worried" about my vault being in the cloud (not security but access). There being a local cache answers that unasked question.

• There being a local cache answers that unasked question.

🙌 Excellent. Yes, the local cache is a critical component of our current approach with the 1Password apps. Happy to help. Please let us know if you think of any additional questions.

Ben

• tlance
    tlance
    Community Member

Haha. Here's one. I went looking for the cached file(s). I couldn't find it, even with invisibles showing. On macOS Monterey where is the local cache?

• @tlance

The location can vary a bit.

• 1Password 8: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data
    • 1Password 7: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/
    • 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/
    • 1Password 6 from our website: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/

From your opening post it looks like you're currently using 1Password 7, so ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/ should be the ticket. 👍️

Ben

• tlance
    tlance
    Community Member

Most excellent info, Ben. I thank you for it and the prompt replies you've given.

• You're very welcome. 😃

Ben

This discussion has been closed.