Rolling back to 1password 6

fortyrunner
fortyrunner
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have been using 1password 6 for many many years and loved it. I was persuaded to update to version 7 because of the chrome issue and updated all my devices - but... I hate the new UI and my wife hates even more than I do. I don't mind paying for a service at all and $5 a month is reasonable if I like the product.
I restored 1password 6 on my Mac without issues, but I followed the same process on my wife's Mac and have issues.
I click on the 1password app in the dock, enter vault password and hit enter.. it never unlocks and presents the lists of passwords. However... 1password mini does unlock and I can get access to the vault. I am definitely entering the password correctly - it would tell me if I wasn't.

Any ideas?

BTW. I would happily pay $10 a month to be able to keep my password vault on Dropbox, have a Chrome plugin and get regular security/os updates on 1password 6. I really really dislike the 7 UI.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fortyrunner:

Thanks for reaching out! That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have. With that said though, we'd strongly recommend using an up to date version of 1Password. 1Password 6 for Mac hasn't received any updates in 4 years now, and as 1Password is a security product, keeping it up to date is one of the most important things you can do for your security hygiene.

Would you mind sharing what you dislike about 1Password 7 for Mac? Let me know.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.