Why do I now have to enter a three key sequence to unlock 1password? Also it no longer opens in OS

Options
markdave00
markdave00
Community Member

Recently I was directed to upgrade 1password. During this process I received an OS error message the upgrade failed, Now I have two issues: 1) when i use 1password to autofill a password it requires unlocking by using command, shift, x. Never did this before. 2) I am unable to open the desktop application. Error message says "unable to open..." no additional information.

1Password Version: ?? does not open
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:unlock 1password

Comments

• @markdave00

Let's replace the app.

• Your data is maintained outside of the app and will be completely safe. * Please be mindful to follow the steps below, especially the part about NOT using an app cleaner. They have been known to remove user's data, and we DO NOT want that to happen.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
      2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
      • If the helper is not running, please continue forward.
      1. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
      2. Restart the Mac.
      3. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
      4. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
      5. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
  • markdave00
    markdave00
    Community Member
    Options

All is well. Should have thought of this, but relatively new to the 1password app. Thanks!

• @markdave00

On behalf of Tommy, I'm happy that everything is working again. 😊

This discussion has been closed.