Locked Firefox extension

Options

As of a few days ago, 1Password is not functioning to fill in usernames, passwords, etc. It asks if I want to, and then nothing. I eventually noticed the 1Password icon on my horizontal toolbar - that's the Firefox extension, yes? - anyway, it's locked. When I click on it, a dark gray box pops up with the logo, and the words "Open 1Password" in blue, but nothing clickable.

I can sign into 1Password via the browser window. I have Windows 11. The support article suggested closing 1Password and signing in again. No change. Next step recommended was completely closing the browser and then starting back up - no change.

I tried checking to see if I have the most current version of 1Password and couldn't tell - the instructions say to go to Settings > About. I don't have an About under Settings, just Family Name and Account Type. Trying to add a screenshot here, but not sure I'm doing it right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @MaggieL:

Thanks for reporting this! The "Open 1Password" button not opening 1Password for Windows is something we're investigating, and hope to have smoothed out soon, but if you unlock 1Password for Windows first, does that unlock 1Password in Firefox? Let me know!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14092

• MaggieL
    MaggieL
    Community Member
    Options

I can't seem to unlock it at all. I can log in to the website via Firefox browser, if that's what you mean, but that does not unlock the 1Password icon.

Is there something I'm missing?

• MaggieL
    MaggieL
    Community Member
    Options

"if you unlock 1Password for Windows first, does that unlock 1Password in Firefox?"

Yes. Did a search for the Windows app, since I don't use it all that often. Once I signed in there, the Firefox extension unlocked itself.

Before I did that, I tried downloading the Edge extension, which was also locked until I signed in to the Windows app.

• Hi @MaggieL:

Thanks for following up. Are you able to open and unlock 1Password for Windows? Look for the 1Password icon in your tray area, like I've highlighted. It might be visible directly on your taskbar, as in my screenshot, or it might be hiding in the hidden icons section that I've expanded:

Left click it and you'll be prompted to unlock 1Password, which should unlock 1Password in Firefox as well. As I mentioned above, this is something we're investigating and hope to have sorted soon, but in the meantime, manually unlocking 1Password for Windows when necessary would be your best bet.

Jack

• MaggieL
    MaggieL
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, as I said in my most recent post, I found 1Password for Windows, and unlocking it did unlock the Firefox exe.

Good to have a workaround for now.

When this gets sorted out, I'll come back and ask why 1Password won't let me in using my fingerprint like Windows does?

• Hey @MaggieL:

Thanks for confirming that's working for you. Do you have Windows Hello unlock enabled for 1Password? Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.