Entry Suggestion Gets in the way

Options

I am new to 1Password so please excuse my ignorance. Is there a way to turn off the suggestion box on a single website for a time delay? I am having a problem on numerous links where I use forms. 1Password is blocking my view of the entry boxes with empty suggestion or a wrong suggestion. In these cases I have either already used 1Password to log in on the website or log-in isn't required for what I am doing. It seems like it should only offer suggestions if a match exists in my configuration for these particular websites.

I had one incident where I was already logged in on a tax form website with numerous entries to complete and it asked me if I wanted to update the profile suddenly. I accidentally said yes without thinking and it not only created numerous entries in the profile for every value on the form, but it overwrote my user name causing me problems on my next future login. I basically had to request a reset for the website to create a new user id and password.

It would be nice to have a simple easy to access button to disable it until I either visit a different website or toggle off the disable.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Foxfire 2.3.2
OS Version: WIN 10

Comments

• Hi @jeffer23.

I'm sorry to hear the trouble caused by the inline menu suggestion. We certainly have some workarounds for your situation:

You can change how 1Password behaves in the browser and have it only prompt when you ask for it. Here are the steps:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under the Autofill section, disable Show autofill menu on field focus.

The steps above will effectively hide the inline menu. Then, when you want to see it, you can click the blue 1Password icon in the field to view suggestions. In addition, you can quickly close the suggestions by clicking the esc key.

Moreover, we can right-click on the page to bring up the context menu, select 1Password - Password Manager, and then click on Hide on this page as shown below:

Currently, there are no settings for the "Hide on this page" option. Closing or refreshing the page won't affect the setting. However, when you quit the browser completely, you will need to reset the option for the page. And this function is only for the exact page you're currently on. If you want to turn 1Password back on, you can follow the same steps and deselect "Hide on this page".

• jeffer23
    jeffer23
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this information. When I do a bunch of entries on a page this will be very useful.

• You're welcome @jeffer23 .

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.