Latest Version Broke AutoFill from Browser

Options

I'm using Chrome in Windows, and it used to be that I could use Chrome's autofill for things like my email, house address and other non-critical items. I reserved 1Password for sensitive information like bank logins, credit cards etc. Now, with Version 8, it's all or nothing. I really don't want to have to login to 1Password every time I just want to autofill my email address someplace. There doesn't appear to be anyway for Chrome's autofill to coexist with 1Password the way it could in version 7. I find Version 8 to be a serious step down from Version 7, and I'm seriously considering investigating other password managers.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:I want Browser to autofill address & email info, NOT 1 Password

Comments

• Hey @Gwhite.

By default, 1Password will control the autofill setting in your browser. We recommend using 1Password to fill in your personal information and credit cards as it's often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location. You can find out more about how 1Password fills identities and credit cards: Save and fill credit cards and addresses.

That said, if you want to use your browser to fill forms, you can try these steps to do put things back to the way they were before:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under the "General" section, turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more and allow Chrome to autofill.

After the steps above, you'll see the suggestion of 1Password might overlap with Chrome suggestions. Clicking the "ESC" key will close Chrome suggestions first. Clicking the 1Password extension logo will close the 1Password inline menu suggestion.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.