Cannot access Vault after resetting email address.

mutro123
mutro123
Community Member

I recently migrated my stand-alone account to a Family plan. I had previously created a family member vault on my stand-alone account, and now I wanted to migrate items from this vault to the family member who I just added to my plan as family. Thinking that this can be done using "Manage Access" next to the member name in the Vault list of names, I added her email address and checked off my email address associated with the Vault. The Vault disappeared from my account and now I cannot access it from my account or her account. How can I recover all the items in her vault? And how can I migrate the items to her own account under Private Vault?

1Password 7
Version 7.9.4 (70904001)
1Password Store

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac os 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:Vault

Comments

• Hi @mutro123:

This definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have.

Just to confirm, are you able to see this vault still in the Vaults view accessed from the sidebar?

Let me know!

Jack

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

Yes, I can see her Vault listed when I click on the Vaults menu item

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

the list says it has 89 items in the vault. If I click on the item, then I see this:

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

this only shows on the web 1P, not on our computer 1P.

• Hi @mutro123:

Thanks for confirming. If you click that vault in the Vaults list, are you able to use the Share Vault button to regain access to it? If you're a family organizer, you can always manage a vault, even if you've removed your explicit permissions to do so.

Jack

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

That worked! I shows up on my computer again. 😊

Now I want to share it with my family member so she can have it on her private vault, but it didn't work. 😕

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

should have waited a bit... it's working on her computer now as well!!!

• mutro123
    mutro123
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your help!

• Hey @mutro123:

Glad to hear that did it for you! You're very welcome. After you've invited your family member and she's signed into her 1Password account on one of her devices, she can copy the items from that vault into her Private vault by following these steps: Move and copy items

Jack

This discussion has been closed.