Lost fingerprint unlock in firefox with latest update...?

Options
NEO_
NEO_
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

hey

With the latest or one of the latest update I no longer have the option to unlock with touchID. This om M1 MacBook Pro 14".

Any solution for this?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: 12.3 beta

Comments

• Hey @NEO_.

Let's first make sure the integration feature is turned on. Here are the steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password extension icon in the browser toolbar.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. In the General section, make sure the Integrate with 1Password app is ON as shown below:

Then, let's try going through these steps in order to re-enable Touch ID and see if it will work with the browser:

1. Restart your Mac, then open and unlock 1Password for Mac. Make sure the browser is not opened.
    2. Choose the Apple menu , select System Preferences, then click Touch ID.
    3. Turn off all of the features, then turn all of them back on again.
    4. Go back to 1Password and choose the 1Password menu from the top-left corner beside the  logo, then select Preferences.
    5. Click the Security tab, then turn off "Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password" and turn it back on again.
    6. Lock 1Password by right-clicking (two-finger click) the 1Password logo in the top-right corner of the menu bar, and then select Lock.
      • Or using the Control-Option-Command-L keyboard shortcut to lock the 1Password app.
    7. Now open up the browser and try unlocking 1Password using Touch ID.

Let me know how it goes.

• NEO_
    NEO_
    Community Member
    Options

The integrate option was on.

Seems like first step alone was good enough. Guess something with the 1pass update made it glitchy. Before restart I also had this big blue "command + dot" to open 1pass text in all password fields. Now it's back to the normal logo.

Cheers and thanks

• wscj
    wscj
    Community Member
    Options

Cheers, Kevin. I had a similar issue and the steps you outlined above got me back up and running.

• I'm happy to hear the good news, @NEO_ & @wscj.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.