Limit pages where 1Password tries to give me suggestions

Options

I use Saleforce at work and have my password saved, which is a real time saver. But on many other pages, I will have a problem where SF will prompt with suggestions for adding my address information and it ends up covering up things I need to see. Is it possible to exclude certain pages from receiving prompts?

1Password Version: 2.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:Limit pages where 1Password tries to give me suggestions

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Prhammer! Thanks for writing in to us here.

1Password relies on contextual clues from a webpage's structure to determine whether or not we suggest data to autofill. It sounds like you're seeing a couple pages where the site is telling 1Password to display irrelevant suggestions. Sorry about that.

We are always working to train our back-end to be smarter in these types of situations. In your case, are the pages you're seeing issues on public? And if so, can you share the website links to them so we can take a closer look?

Regarding excluding certain pages from receiving prompts, this is a feature that we'd like to see in the future. We do have an internal feature request for this, and I'd be happy to add your voice in its support.

In the mean time, you could try disabling the inline menu on field focus, which means you'd click on the 1Password icon in a field to display that inline menu rather than having it come up automatically (I've personally experienced times when the inline menu can be intrusive). Here's how to change that setting in the browser extension:

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    2. Scroll down to the Autofill section.
    3. Ensure 'Show inline menu on field focus' is toggled OFF.

Let me know how things go!

This discussion has been closed.