Watchtower in detail???

DeciusMus
DeciusMus
Community Member

Hello,
I have just purchased 1Password.
I am a beginner and I apologize in advance for my "noobs" questions :p
The Watchtower feature is a great classic for pwd;
I can see the so-called "weak passwords" how can I see the other categories ("medium", "Good",..)?

thank you in advance for your answer

1Password Version: 8.41
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @DeciusMus:

Great question! Currently, only weak passwords can be searched for. However, there's an existing feature request for this, so I've added your input to see if it's something our developers can add in the future. :smile:

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#817

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member

Hi,

thanks for the answer. :-)
    My question is consistent with your objectives:

• to protect as much as possible the customer user of your application
    • & to educate him (which you do via your academy).

In my case:

I'm not worried about the 2 weak pwd's (internal house wifi and we don't have direct neighbours :-) ) but I would like to understand what distinguishes the different types of robustness of my pwd's and improve at least the 70 "good" ones

have a nice day

• Thank you @DeciusMus - we will keep working on Watchtower and will pass on your feedback to the development team. We appreciate you mentioning this!

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022

Hey @DeciusMus - your requested feature has now made it into the most recent Beta release of 1Password! If you're curious to check it out, we'd love to have your feedback. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

If you'd like to try it, you can switch to the Beta channel in your app by going to ... > Settings > Advanced > Release Channel, and setting this to Beta. Then, lock the app and sign in again, and it will switch to the Beta channel for you.

In this most recent Beta release, you can then view your passwords by strength rating, like this:

1. Go to Watchtower
    2. Click on the color-coded bar beneath "Overall Password Strength."

This will open a list of your items, sorted by strength, with a label at the top of each section (so all your "fantastic" passwords appear first, and so on down the list).

I hope this is helpful for your use case. Again, we really appreciate your feedback here, and I hope this update will delight you!

Full details on this release can be found here:

https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#1password-for-windows-8.7.0-41

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member

hello,
    thanks for the follow up... it's appreciated :-)
    it's good... I can now see the details of my 2 "bad" pwd. :-)
    What is missing is the possibility to see the details of all the categories (very strong, strong, normal,...) and this, in order to upgrade each pwd to the maximum security (if the visited-site allows it)

• Hi @DeciusMus, if you've switched to the Beta release, when you click on the color-coded bar beneath "Overall Password Strength" in Watchtower you should see a list of your passwords starting with those rated as "Fantastic." As you scroll down, you will be able to view your passwords grouped by their respective strengths and make any changes you'd like.

Let me know how that goes - we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Ali

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member

Hi ,
    I must be "clumsy" :-)
    or I do not understand the explanation. :-(

I am in Watchtower,
    I see the categories according to the robustness
    if I click on the different colors, I see the number of items in them but not the sites concerned
    = > Where did I make an error ????

• Hi @DeciusMus, it looks like you may not have the Beta release installed which would explain why the password list doesn't appear when you click the color-coded bar.

Can you verify whether you've switched to the Beta release? If not, click on โ‹ฎ > Settings > Advanced > Release Channel, and set this to Beta. Then, lock the app and sign in again, and it will switch to the Beta channel for you. Let me know how that goes!

Ali

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member

Hi,

I confirm my clumsiness :
    when I tested yesterday, I closed the application and not locked = > bravo Marc ๐Ÿ˜Š

and it works perfectly = > bravo Ali !!! (and these are real congratulations) ๐Ÿ˜Š

Rem : Can I switch the language in the application?
    (I sent you my prntsreen in French (I am Belgian) = > I would have preferred to do it in English)

@+

Marc

• Hi @DeciusMus:

Glad to hear that did it! You can change your language in Settings > Advanced.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• DeciusMus
    DeciusMus
    Community Member

Hi

the tool is almost perfect ๐Ÿ˜Š

there are 2 points left to reach perfection (at least according to me):
    1. the possibility to export all data other than your proprietary one (=> csv, json, xls,....)
    Why?
    Because you never know how life goes ๐Ÿ˜Š
    + "just in case" event (old school, I have always backups on my secured NAS).

1. a little silly point about the ยซ community website ยป.
      for me, if you buy a password manager, it's not to stay permanently connected on a website (I log in, I do something, I close my session and my browser doesn't keep my login & password)
      = > in my opinion, by default, the check button should be empty and it's the user who decides if he wants to be logged in automatically or not
  • Good morning @DeciusMus! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts here.

I can't make any promises about what exporting will look like in the future but this is area we are working to improve upon.

With regard to the 1Password Support Community Website, I understand your point about the "Keep me signed in" option defaulting to being checked and as an option, suggest unchecking that box if you prefer to do so.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns, we're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.