Feature request: SSL certificates

This discussion was created from comments split from: Introducing 1Password Developer Tools 🎉.

Comments

• qwrobins
    qwrobins
    Community Member

Hey Dave,
    Just tried the new ssh feature and it's awesome! I'm an SRE and while playing with it, one idea that I thought might be pretty useful is to add ssl certs as well which I think would be a major boost for infra teams. Is that on the roadmap at all?

• Thanks for your feedback! About SSL or TLS certs: what do you think 1Password's ideal role be there? Would a ('smart') item type to store certificates already solve things for you or would you like to see a deeper CA-like integration of some sorts?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Integration with Let's Encrypt Certbot would be nice!

I currently run that on a Raspberry Pi. This means keys and certificates are stored on an SD card in that device...

It would be safer if they were only stored in 1Password and Certbot's renewal deploy scripts could use the 1Password CLI to get these files. Even better: no renewal scripts, but using them directly from 1Password (for example: no longer copying them to Mosquitto's configuration after renewal, but letting Mosquitto fetch them from 1Password at start-up).

This probably is already (partially?) possible by adding custom fields to a Secure Note, but a dedicated new category might be useful.

This discussion has been closed.