Shortcut conflict - Edge on macOS

Options
atlauren
atlauren
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all,

Somewhen recently, it appears that Edge on Mac [100.0.1185.44 (Official build) (x86_64)] acquired a shortcut for Web Select (Shift-Command-X) that conflicts with the 1P extension's default on Edge. See screenshot.

Anyone know if there is a way customize Edge's contextual menu shortcuts? Or disable Web Select?

Barring that, what are folks using for 1P to work around this?

Thanks!
-Andrew

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @atlauren.

Thank you for bringing the shortcut conflict to our attention. I haven't noticed it until now.

We can certainly change the key combination for 1Password, and it is on the page in your screenshot: edge://extensions/shortcuts

If you click inside the "Activate the extension" field, you can enter the key combination there:

In addition, I tested the default shortcut "shift + cmd + X", and we can assign it on the field, as shown above. It seems to overwrite the shortcut in Edge.

• atlauren
    atlauren
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I was trying to think of a shortcut to use that wasn't already used somewhere. I decided to report it here and let y'all find one. :D

• Hi @atlauren.

I have reported the issue to our development team for further investigation. Thanks for taking the time to help us improve 1Password.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/core/core#14644

This discussion has been closed.