Cannot add account that requires Duo MFA

Options
ramblingpolak
ramblingpolak
Community Member

My work account requires Duo MFA. Currently after entering the master password in the add account screen I briefly see the pop up asking to confirm whether to open the web view that will display Duo MFA and then it disappears and kicks me back to the add account screen.

Comments

• Hi @ramblingpolak:

Do you happen to know if your organization is using the traditional prompt, or the new Universal prompt in Duo for 1Password?

I was able to replicate the trouble you're running into, but only when using the traditional prompt, not Universal.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14670

• ramblingpolak
    ramblingpolak
    Community Member
    Options

If you are able to share a screenshot of the two different prompts I can probably tell you. It's one that I've always seen with Duo in the past. Are there any known drawbacks to switching to Universal Prompt? (I'm not the admin for the org, so I don't know much about how it's currently set up).

• Hey @ramblingpolak:

Here's the Universal Prompt:

This is the Traditional Prompt:

I can't speak to the differences between the two prompts, if any. In any case, we'd like you to be able to add your account to the app no matter which prompt type you're using. We'll investigate and see if we can get it sorted out. 😀

Jack

• ramblingpolak
    ramblingpolak
    Community Member
    Options

Ah yeah we're using the Traditional Prompt.

This discussion has been closed.