How to upgrade Flatpak version in Fedora 36 Silverblue

Options
Boricua3
Boricua3
Community Member

Hi. I am just moving my stuff to 1Password. As the title says, I use Fedora 36 Silverblue (release candidate). Being this Silverblue, I prefer to install from Flatpak and avoid adding another layer to the kernel by installing from rpm. I installed the Flatpak version with the command:
flatpak install https://downloads.1password.com/linux/flatpak/1Password-beta.flatpakref.
I just found out there is a new version available but found no guide as to how to upgrade. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.6.0 (80600068)
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Fedora 36 Silverblue (release candidate))

Comments

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Flatpak comes with a repository with it, for some reason this repository is not compatible with GNOME Software, updates with this repository do not appear in GNOME Software.

To update 1Password Flatpak you have to use the command:

flatpak update

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

I just saw that 1Password Flatpak is still on version 8.4.1 even though the latest version is 8.5. It looks like they haven't updated the Flatpak version yet.

• Boricua3
    Boricua3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, CharDSon. It worked like a charm and upgraded to version 8.7.0-12.

• tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

How do you check version for 1Password Flatpak? I use 1Password on Fedora Silverblue 35 and flatpak update didn't show me an update.

• Boricua3
    Boricua3
    Community Member
    Options

At least in my case, I launch 1Password for the desktop and verify in the About section of the settings menu. It shows I'm running version 8.7.0 (80700012, on BETA channel).

• Boricua3
    Boricua3
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, I just tried to check for updates for 1Password and got the following:

1. [✗] com.onepassword.OnePassword.Locale beta u onepassword-origin 1.3 kB / 59.9 kB
    2. [✗] com.onepassword.OnePassword beta u onepassword-origin 29.6 MB / 111.6 MB
      Warning: While pulling runtime/com.onepassword.OnePassword.Locale/x86_64/beta from remote onepassword-origin: Update is older > than current version
      Error: While pulling app/com.onepassword.OnePassword/x86_64/beta from remote onepassword-origin: Update is older than current > > version
      Updates complete.
      error: There were one or more errors
  • tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like I have 8.4.1 as well. I always thought it updates itself automatically.

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like it is Fedora 36 that is only getting 8.4 Flatpak, I should have checked your comment better before replying.

I tried Fedora 34 and it installed with 8.6 while on Fedora 36 Workstation and Silverblue it stayed with 8.4.

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Just got the update to the latest version of 1Password Flatpak on Fedora 36, ​​so I guess it's fixed now.

• Hi folks, sorry to learn of the issue you've encountered here.

@CharDSon - it's great to learn that this is resolved for you now!

@tunix - if you're still stuck on version 8.4.1, feel free to contact us at support+linux@1Password.com, and we'll be happy to provide some customized troubleshooting on this. We'd love to get the issue sorted out for you. 👍

• tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P - an email is on its way! Thanks!

• Excellent, thank you @tunix!

This discussion has been closed.