Enhancement Request: Document Passwords

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Lounge

Team,

Do we have a way today to enter the PW for specific documents/PDF files to open them?

Can we recognise the document and propose the password required to be entered once user tells 1PW how that is required (Ex: Birthdate in MM/DD/YYYY format etc).

Or we have not considered the document passwords yet which I know is very tricky.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Abhijit:

This is an interesting thought. Just to confirm, you're looking to use 1Password to store passwords for documents stored outside of 1Password, and have 1Password keep track of which password goes to which document?

Jack

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes I am looking for 1PW to store the password for the PDF documents which are stored outside of 1PW.
    2. Use Case1: I receive monthly bank statements in PDF file which has the same PW to open those files. I want 1PW to detect the PW filed for PDF file when opened > Fill the PW > Open the file to read.
    3. Use Case 2: Similarly there are various files which have PW such as my birthdate or and PAN ( permanent account number) as pw. So I want 1PW to recognise the PW filed when user opens the document, and offer suggestions or give user a choice to enter the pw using 1PW.

Refer below:

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Hi @Abhijit:

Thanks for clarifying! I'll definitely share this with the team. In the meantime, I think the best way of doing this would be storing the password in 1Password and using Quick Access to copy and paste the password. For example, you could save your bank account statement password in a Password titled "Bank Statements".

Hopefully in the future we can make it even better for you!

Jack

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P !

I am very greedy and always prefer "command+\" which is deeply user friendly :-)

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• You're very welcome @Abhijit! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.