The Egg (tickets.theegg.org) change password is brain dead

Options

When you attempt to change your password at https://tickets.theegg.org, clicking in the Existing Password field pops up the "Use Suggested Password" and not the current password.

If I manually paste in the current password, then click on the first "new password" field, I get the expected "use suggested password", but when I select the suggested password, it only fills in the first "new password" filed and then pops up the save dialog

But, leaves the "New Password (again)" field blank.

This is happening on both Chrome and Safari in Monterey as well as in Big Sur.

When I sign in to the site, my username (email) and password are filled in perfectly. This is just a problem with creating a new password.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey @ajahn! Thanks for bringing this one to our attention. I've done some testing, and you're definitely correct. On the create new password page, the password fields are structured in a non-standard way that is causing some confusion for 1Password.

I've gone ahead and raised an internal issue for our developers to look into this one, and assess any possible improvements for future updates.

In the meantime, when you get to the point where you've filled in the Existing Password, and have selected a Suggested password for the New Password field, the best workaround would be the following:

1. On the save dialog popup, change 'Save new item' to 'Update' - and update the existing login item.
    2. Then you can copy the saved password from the 1Password extension (or drag and drop) into the New Password (again) field.

Sorry for the extra steps with this one. I hope this helps!

ref: dev/core/core#14676

This discussion has been closed.