All credit cards not listed in browser

Options

I recently convinced my brother to move to 1Password. I don't know if he's just having bad luck, but so far he has run into several issues. He uses Safari (I use Chrome so when he tells me what he's seeing, I get confused - LOL). I told him about the Test Atofill site so he could test a few things. He went to Credit Card -> Simple, and only one of his 2 credit cards is listed in the drop-down menu. When he opens 1Password mini or the app, and selects "Credit Cards" he has 2 of them; a Master Card and a Visa. Any ideas on what is going on?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.2

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey (again) @ajahn :)

It's pretty cool you're taking the time to help your brother out with 1Password.

One thought is the 2nd credit card is saved in a different vault, and that vault isn't visible in the browser extension.

• What version of 1Password is your brother running in Safari? Open Safari browser, click 'Safari' from the MacOS menu bar > Preferences > Extensions tab. Does he have '1Password' or '1Password for Safari' showing there?

Let me know!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

He only has the single (default) vault, so I don't think that is the issue. I'll double-check just to make sure. He just started using 1P so I think he has the latest and greatest. I'll ask and reply back.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

His extension shows "1Password 7.9.4 from 1Password 7". I may suggest he create a new CC item to see if that one shows up.

• Hi @ajahn:

Thanks for following up. Do you happen to know if your brother created this Credit Card item from 1Password in Safari, or the full 1Password app? If he tries creating the Credit Card item from the 1Password app, does that improve his state of play?

Let me know!

Jack

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P It was created as part of an import using a CSV file generated by Safari. Exported passwords from Safari and imported them into 1P. But the other CC works, so not sure what happened. I think one is a Visa and the other is a Master Card.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ajahn, that's weird that one credit card item appears as a suggestion and the other doesn't. Could you have your brother create a new credit card item to replace the one that doesn't work (as you mentioned earlier)? Make sure to have him create it from the app. Let us know how that goes!

This discussion has been closed.