Tags list sorts Case Sensitive

Options

Hello.
As I am perusing my 1P library with the new v8 on Mac, I notice the tags list is showing tags with different case separately (Finance, finance for instance). That is not horrible -- but it shows 'finance' sorted after 'Fitness' -- due to the lower case 'f' I presume. That could make it hard to find :-)

1Password Version: 8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12

Comments

• Hey there @thomasoatman, thanks so much for writing in! I can honestly say that I have never noticed this, but I just tested this out with the same parameters (Fitness, finance) and I'm seeing the same thing - capitalization has a direct affect on how the tags are sorted. Of course, as soon as I changed the capitalization to match, it was re-organized into the expected order, but it's definitely odd that the capitalization throws them out of order.

I would definitely have thought that our Tag sorting would ignore case, so I've filed an issue to have this looked at. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention! :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#12691

• thomasoatman
    thomasoatman
    Community Member
    Options

Funny @Dayton_ag.
    If they want to get really zealous, they can include accented characters: lol

• Good catch on that one too, @thomasoatman! I've added that info to the internal issue I created. :smile: Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed this issue too, looking forward to a fix! I would suggest forcing all tags to be lowercase, but I include family member names for some of my tags so those wouldn't look quite right if they were forced to lowercase.

• I'm sorry this is affecting you too @nukmicah - I've added your name to the issue so the team has a better idea of the scope of the issue.

This discussion has been closed.