Unable To Add A Link To Related Item(s) [Updated]

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

I'm unable to search and link certain items to other items, and this used to not be a problem. For example, I have multiple item types that include logins, identities, secure notes, etc., and it seems that non-login type items simply no longer show up when I try to "Link To Related Item". I'm not sure why this was even changed, and it seems like a step backwards, not forwards. Also, this issue is occurring on the Early Release desktop app (macOS).

In short, please make it possible to link any item to another item, under the option of "Link To Related Item".

P.S., the search feature when you search for a "related item" requires text to be entered exactly as it appears, rather than the regular app search feature (which searches inside of items, or partial titles).

Thank you

UPDATE 1: I think there's something more to this, and it may be a bug. It seems like it's more than just not showing certain item types; it seems to only show you a few items to link, seemingly at random.

1Password Version: iOS 8.7.x (latest version as of writing)
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macOS 12.3.x

Comments

• Good morning, @nimvio, and thanks for the report. Related items are limited to the same vault at the moment, so that may explain the issue that you’re seeing. Can you check that for me and report back?

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni, this was exactly the problem, and I was just about to reply suggesting this was the cause. Thank you for the reply. Now that I know the reason, it helps, but hopefully I'd like to see linking possible -- at least in the same 1Pass Account. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.