Unable to duplicate (make a copy of) an item on Mac beta version.

Options

After I right-click and select "Duplicate..." a pop-up window comes up asking me where to save the duplicate to. I only have one Vault and that Vault name doesn't show up in the Mac pop-up. So I have to cancel.
I switched to the Windows version of 1Password and was able to make a "Duplicate" of an item on the Windows version.
Can't add a "Duplicate" on the Mac (beta) version, though.

1Password Version: Mac beta 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 12.3

Comments

• Hey @Eye_like_1Password:

Thanks for reporting this! This is something I've just flagged, and I've added you as affected to our issue. Just to confirm, are you on the stable version of 1Password 8 on your Windows device? Let me know, as it'll help us narrow down the cause of this bug.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14006

• Eye_like_1Password
    Eye_like_1Password
    Community Member
    Options

Jack,

On my Windows device I am on the PRODUCTION channel. This is what About window says on the Windows device:
    1Password for Windows 8.6.1
    80601001, on PRODUCTION channel

This is the Mac version (that I can't make a duplicate of an item):
    1Password for Mac 8.7.0
    80700012, on BETA channel

Thanks

• Hey @Eye_like_1Password:

Thanks for confirming. I've added the additional details to the issue tracking this, and hopefully we can have this smoothed out in the future.

Jack

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P , I have the exact same problem, please flag me too. Thanks!

1Password for Mac 8.7.0

80700028, on BETA channel

• Hey @Thomas_U:

Thanks for adding your feedback, I've added you as affected as well.

Jack

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Same here. 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 - 80700049, on BETA channel

Same problem, try to duplicate and it asks for a vault with no choices, I only have 1 vault.

This is really basic stuff that should work. Because I only have Macs and the online doesn't allow for duplicating - it's making my workflow slow to a crawl, having to manually create items.

• Hi @netnothing:

Thanks for adding your thoughts, I completely understand how frustrating this is. I've added you as affected, and while I can't promise anything, I hope we can get this sorted sooner rather than later.

Jack

• Hi @netnothing / @Thomas_U / @Eye_like_1Password:

I'm just following up to let you all know that today's beta includes a fix for this issue. Thanks for your patience on this!

Jack

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Thanks! Tested and it works. Thank you for the quick turnaround.

• Hi @netnothing, thank you for the confirmation! It's always gratifying when we're able to improve your experience. 🥳

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P, I`m sorry to say that the problem persists here.

I PM you a diagnostic report.

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

Just noticing that PMs are not possible here. Do you have an email-adress for me?

1Password for Mac 8.7.0

80700090, on BETA channel

• @Thomas_U

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Thomas_U
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/637257/#Comment_637257

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thank you, @ag_tommy!

Support-ID: [#RHF-14696-333]

• Got it. Thank you.

ref: RHF-14696-333

• Eye_like_1Password
    Eye_like_1Password
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I just tested it and it now works. Sorry for the late response, I was travelling and couldn't test it until I returned home. Appreciate you and your team getting this fixed in a timely fashion.

• Great to hear this news, @Eye_like_1Password. Thank you for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.