op-cli gets timouted

Options
JoeVandelay
JoeVandelay
Community Member
edited April 2022 in CLI

Hi, with one of the recent changes I get timouted executing this command:

time op item list --format json

[ERROR] 2022/04/08 14:15:10 failed to GetAll: context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout or context cancellation while reading body)

I'm on linux, cli version is 2.0.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JoeVandelay, thank you for reaching out to us! It should definitely not take this long to fetch all items. I'm curious to dig deeper into what's causing this.

Would you be willing to answer a couple questions to start of our investigation:
    1. You mentioned "with one of the recent changes". Do you remember what you changed?
    2. Is it possible to exclude that change to confirm this is indeed what's causing the problem?
    3. What was your experience before this change? Was the op item list command already slow, but still working, or was it operating quickly?
    4. Would you be willing to share:
    4.1) the number of vaults you have access to
    4.2) the number of items you have access to
    4.3) the number of items in the vault with the most items you have access to

I will also file a ticket for us to improve the error message you're receiving in this scenario; The CLI fetches items per vault from the API and I believe it'd be useful to include in the error message which vault is causing the timeout.

Thanks again for reaching out to us! I hope the additional information will enable us to improve your experience going forward.

• 5) Does including the --cache flag resolve your problem? op item list --cache --format json

This discussion has been closed.