Travel Feature

Options
jeffer23
jeffer23
Community Member

Do you have a web page that maps out where all of the commands are located? While I like the power of the product, use of the screen options has been frustrating. Maybe it is easy for someone who has used other competitor password managers? As a programmer, I have no problem working with explorer trees, side bars, toolbars, ribbons with tabs, menus, etc., but the location of items for each feature is evidently not intuitive to me. The help files don't match the software on some stuff and never seem to provide the location of where the feature is at on the screen. Maybe this is because you are using a single help database for all devices (smart phones, PC's,. and MAC's)? If you at least create an icon picture of some sort to represent the command object that would perhaps make it an easier to locate? People remember pictures far better than words. Here is an example of my latest frustration.

I wanted to test out TRAVEL Mode to see how I might use it. I found a help webpage for this feature.

https://support.1password.com/travel-mode/

The first section is okay. I found my name on the screen and clicked on profile. I located the TRAVEL Mode button and toggled it to ON. The next Help Screen section says that I need to mark vaults safe for travel. It says "click Manage on the vault." I click on the 1password icon at the top which takes me back to the list of vaults. I click on a vault.

The help screen doesn't say it is a button, pull-down, or where it is located. I see no "Manage" option. The only place I see the word "Travel" on the whole screen is at the top of the screen. If I click that item it takes me back to the profile. So then I go search help for the "Manage" command and find nothing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @jeffer23, thanks for your message and feedback. I'm sorry for any frustration caused.

We do not have a web page that maps out the location of the commands. Currently, the details are housed within each guide/article within the 1Password Support page. Where applicable options are available across different platforms, each guide contains icons to select appropriate details for those platforms.

With regard to Travel Mode, the option to manage a vault is located in the left corner of each vault and is depicted by the gear icon.

From the vault details screen, you'll find the "Safe for travel" option.

I hope this information is helpful, but please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

• jeffer23
    jeffer23
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

I am okay now, but here is my feedback.

So how does a gear icon = Manage? It is usually called Settings or Configuration in my past dealings. Many of your other icons have a text label next to the icon.

My browser doesn't give me "mouse-overs" for your gear unless I leave it on the tiny object for a time period. Maybe my screen resolution is different and your icon is too small. But my cursor turns into a pointing finger for everywhere on the rectangle meaning this entire area including right next to the tiny object opens the vault. My thought was that the gear is part of the picture and the entire link of the pointing finger goes to Manage. There is also no additional location inside the vault to adjust this item.

This isn't very user friendly if your help file is vague. I am not trying to assault the product. I mean this only as feedback to help you improve your system as a user. Otherwise, I am loving the product as protection for me. It works great for PC use.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @jeffer23, thanks for your feedback. I can certainly understand where you're coming from and will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate team. Thanks again!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.