Follow up | 2FA on gmx.net and web.de

The first column for entering the secret key is skipped... please correct this behavior, see

Accounts with 2FA mentioned here https://1password.community/discussion/comment/565126
gmx.net ⇾ support ID: [#HSS-69925-989]
web.de ⇾ support ID: [#CKT-95187-326]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @ugafta:

Thanks for following back up with this. I was able to replicate the behavior mentioned, and I'll file it internally to see if we can get it smoothed out again in the future. Cheers!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11629

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@jack.platten any progress?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @ugafta, sorry!

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

@Jack.P_1P any progress after 2 months?
    Anyway, could you please forward this request to the DevOps again?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ugafta, I'm afraid there hasn't been a fix for this yet. I can forward your comment from here to our developers. Hopefully there will be some progress in the future.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

It would be nice this could be fixed. :)

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

5 months later and I still don't see any progress.... I offered the 2FA account and @Jack.P_1P was able to replicate it.
    Please forward this to your DevOps team! Thanks a lot

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ugafta, I'm sorry to say I don't have an update on this one as of yet. I'll go ahead and forward your comment to our team in support of its attention. I apologize for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@paul.m_1p I am eagerly waiting for this feature to be fixed s o o n :'(

• Hi @ugafta:

I completely understand, and hopefully we can get this sorted out soon. Please keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P can you push the issue, please? Still no change...

• Hi @ugafta:

We're actively working on this, and hope to have a fix available in an upcoming release. While I can't speak to when specifically it will be available, the beta version of 1Password in the browser will have it before the stable version does, so if you're not already on the beta releases, switching to them would be your best bet. Use 1Password beta releases

Jack

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    8 months later and still not resolved 😪

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ugafta, our developers released a fix for this a couple of months ago. Can you make sure that you have the beta extension and then test things out on the site?

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Hey @Joy_1P, I still get only v2.3.7 as Safari extension. There is no beta version of the 1Password extension for the Safari browser.

I tried the beta extension for Chrome and it works fine 😃

Is there already an ETA for the next stable version of the 1Password extension for the Safari browser??

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta I don't have an ETA for that but it should be coming up. Today is a holiday for most employees but tomorrow when everyone is in, I'll reach out to the devs to see if I can get any insight.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P.
    Have you been able to retrieve the information?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta I chatted with the developers and while there is not a hard date set, it does look like the next stable release of 1Password in Safari will happen in a few weeks. Sorry that I do not have any further details, but I do hope that helps.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@Joy_1P the current update 2.3.8 did not fix the problem, so will there be another one soon?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta The fix should be available in Safari once 2.4.0 stable is released. I don't have a date on that, but it is coming in the future. Thanks for checking in about this.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Hello @Joy_1P any news about the next stable version of the Safari extension - ETA?

This discussion has been closed.