Cannot auto unlock broswer extension on Windows

Options
Yoriz
Yoriz
Community Member

I'm using Chrome before, if I close and reopen it, 1Password extension on Chrome will be auto unlocked.
Now I change to 'catsxp' (which is also a Chromium broswer, website is https://www.catsxp.com/), I must enter password to unlock the extension while 1Password App is unlocked on Windows.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: windows11 21H2

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @Yoriz, thanks for reaching out. Catsxp Browser is not one that we support. 1Password in your browser fully integrates with Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Brave.

Ali

• Yoriz
    Yoriz
    Community Member
    Options

@ali.hazime Thanks for the answer. I know nothing about the implemention of integration, but it is possible to support all Chromium browsers in future? Or what should those third party browser authors do to support 1Password extension?

• AliH1P
    Options

You're most welcome @Yoriz. Although you can install 1Password in your browser on any Chromium based browser, it will not integrate with the desktop application if the browser is not supported. We don't have plans to support integration with all Chromium based browsers.

To elaborate, we constantly audit the security of our supported browsers and the teams behind them, that's no simple task. We don't want the desktop app to establish a secure connection with just any browser - that'll put your data in jeopardy. I hope that clarifies things!

Ali

• MrUrf
    MrUrf
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @AliH1P, I know this thread is a bit older, but I got a similar Problem and did not find any better Thread to describe this.

I settled up a new Win10-system and 1Password works quite fine, except the connection between my Browsers (Chrome v103 & Edge v103) and the Windows-Application. When I'm logged into 1Password on the Windows and open up Chrome, I have to re-login with the Password, although I'm already logged in on the PC. Furthermore, I'm unable to use Windows-Hello with the Browser-extensions.

My versions of 1Passwords are: Win10 8.8.0 / Browser: 2.3.7

Do you have a clue how I can fix this? I already reinstalled the extensions.

Best

• Hello @MrUrf, thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like the connection between the app and browsers is not active. With regard to Windows Hello, when things are working as expected, the browser extension calls back to the app to unlock with Windows Hello. Windows Hello is not available when using 1Password in the browser in a standalone manner. To help troubleshoot, I first like to ask that you check both browsers and confirm that app integration is enabled:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Under the General heading, enable Integrate with 1Password app as needed.

If this is already enabled and you're still having troubles, can you send a 1Password diagnostics report and the console logs from each browser via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.