Possible to override "weak password" on stored credential that cannot be improved?

1bvr
1bvr
Community Member

I have several passwords in my vault that are labeled as "weak passwords" by 1Password. These passwords are either limited to maximum character count or specific characters by the system they are used with, or are login details for a semi-public website (in my case, a read-only HOA website that all residents access using this shared password).

I understand that these passwords are weak, however I am unable to make them stronger due to these limitations. Is it possible to "mark" these credentials as known to be weak and set them to be ignored for warning/not be included in the list of weak passwords?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hello @1bvr! 👋

I have good news! We're working on the ability to ignore Watchtower warnings for the next version of 1Password for Mac. In the future you'll see an Ignore button below the warning, here's what the feature looks like at the moment:

If you're interested in trying the beta version of 1Password 8 for Mac then you can find instructions here: 1Password 8 for Mac Beta 🥰 — 1Password Support Community

Thank you for the suggestion! 😊

This discussion has been closed.