1Password High CPU usage

Options
yuanchu
yuanchu
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Mac

My compture is MacBook Pro 13(2016), use 1password Chrome plugin.Computer wakes up from sleep after a period of time,cpu usage has high,check activity monitor, "1PasswordSLSNativeMessageHost"have many process,and usage CPU.
I'm not good at English,Sorry.
(Please check my screenshot)

我把我的电脑从休眠中唤醒后打开Chrome,发现CPU占用很高,打开活动监视器后发现"1PasswordSLSNativeMessageHost"的进程有很多个,且使用了100%的CPU,这里是截图。

1Password Version: 7.9.2 (70902004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• yuanchu
    yuanchu
    Community Member
    Options

Jesus……

• Hello @yuanchu! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing performance issues with 1Password for Mac. I see that you posted a screenshot of your Mac updating 1Password to version 7.9.4 which does include a fix that helps some users, can you tell me if updating to this version resolved the issue for you?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• DominikD
    DominikD
    Community Member
    Options

I am still experiencing this issue with the latest version. I am using 1Password 7.9.4 on Chrome (also using latest plugin version 2.3.3):

• @DominikD

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into performance issues with 1Password on your Mac. We have received reports from some users that the latest update didn't fully resolve the issue, I'll forward your report to our developers as well.

If the issue is disrupting your workflow then, because we know that the issue stems from how 1Password talks to the 1Password browser extensions, as a temporary workaround, turning off the extension's integration will prevent the issue from occurring. Here's what to do:

1. Open Chrome.
    2. Right-click the extension in the toolbar and click Settings.
    3. In the General section of the Settings screen, turn off "Integrate with 1Password app".

With the integration turned off, you'll need to unlock the browser extension separately, and you won't be able to use Touch ID or an Apple Watch to do so.

I apologize again for the inconvenience, and we hope to have a permanent solution soon. 🙂

ref: dev/apple/issues#5654

This discussion has been closed.