Beta 8 macOS Copy/Paste Issue

Options

This is a weird one...

I've noticed that sometimes copy and paste from the Quick Access popup doesn't work properly. It's intermittent, but I can always reproduce it in one specific case.

• I use nomachine's NX server/client for remote access to various Linux boxes. It handles copy/paste from my Mac to these boxes without issue, except for one copying and pasting a string from the 1Password 8 Quick Access window.
  • If I copy a credential (username or password) from the Quick Access window, then try to paste into the nomachine window, no part of the string makes it to the linux box.
  • However, if I in Quick Access, I select "Open Item in New Window", then select to copy the specific credential I want, it will always paste into the nomachine window successfully.

As I say, I can faithfully reproduce this issue with a nomachine window, and I have been able to since the advent of 1Password 8. It wasn't an issue with 1Password 7 Quick Access. Further, though I haven't come up with a reproducible test case into other windows on my Mac, I have seen copy and paste be wonky in those more straightforward instances. (More often than not, when I try to cut and paste into macOS' native terminal window.)

My dumb dude that's done some development guess: maybe you guys are using a different string handler for capturing the string in Quick Access vs the New Window, and that is escaping characters in strings differently? Easy to cause string handler barfing when good passwords have an abundance of high ASCII characters.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 80700090
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @mikesilva, thank you for this detailed STR and observations on the issue you've encountered.

While I don't have any insights offhand on what might be causing this issue, I have passed it on to our intrepid development team so that they can check this out properly. Again, thank you for letting us know - and we'll look forward to improving functionality wherever possible. 🙌

ref: dev/core/core#10635

This discussion has been closed.