Faster way to retrieve multiple passwords at once (v2)

Options
Julian88Tex
Julian88Tex
Community Member

This is the same question as in this feature but for v2. The syntax of the CLI changed a bit and I haven't been able to figure out a way to pipe through a list of items to get multiple passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Faster way to retrieve multiple passwords at once

Comments

• Julian88Tex
    Julian88Tex
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. Found my answer in examples: https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/reference/management-commands/item#item-list-examples

Example: "op item list --tags org-setup --format=json | op item get - --fields username,password"

FYI adding " --format=json" for item list and "-" for item get are both key.

• Hey @Julian88Tex ,

Thank you for sharing that info!

We have an upcoming feature to make the - optional. Mind you, the --format=json will still be required in the preceding command.

While the - is convention to replace an arg, we felt that forgoing it for ease of use could be a better experience. Interested to hear your opinions on this, if you have any!

• Julian88Tex
    Julian88Tex
    Community Member
    Options

@Justin.Yoon_1P totally makes sense and yes I think that would be a nice feature. Anything to make it simpler. I'd also say making that example I linked to in docs more prominent may be helpful to others in the future as well.

Also adding a few examples of using commands within other commands could be useful: "mycommand $(op read op://vault/item/password)"

• Thanks, we will keep on improving our documentation!

This discussion has been closed.