Ability to unlock multiple vaults from the browser extension

I have a work vault and a personal vault on my Linux 1password installation.
I have the firefox extension running.

sometimes I'll only have the work vault unlocked. Then when I go to a website which has a personal account, 1password is unlocked but not showing the password suggestion that I know I have.

If I click the 1p icon in the password field, it won't show it. If I go to the browser extension window from the browser toolbar, it won't even acknowledge that I have a personal vault. Even in the "color wheel" icon in the extension window, it only lists 2 options "All accounts" and "Work vault". It doesn't even list the personal vault there. This means, now I have to go launch the main 1p app, specifically click around to unlock my personal vault and then go back to the browser, which is a lot of friction.

It would be nice if the 1p icon right in the password field or in the browser extension window would have a one-click option to unlock other vaults when it knows that other vaults exist.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Ubuntu Bionic

Comments

• Hi @cheeryluck0997:

Great question! Version 2.3.3 of 1Password for the browser now allows you to unlock accounts right from the account picker that you mentioned. It isn't available for Firefox just yet, but it should be available soon. If you'd like, you can download the beta version of 1Password for Firefox that has this change included: https://1password.com/browsers/beta/firefox/

Let me know!

Jack

• cheeryluck0997
    cheeryluck0997
    Community Member

That doesn't seem to be true. I tried 2.3.5 of the browser extension (the beta), and it lists the second vault now, but if it is locked and I click on it, it just pops up a notice saying "Unlock account from the desktop app". It doesn't actually let me unlock right there.

• Hey @cheeryluck0997:

Thanks for following up. If 1Password in Firefox is integrated with the 1Password desktop app, then unlocking 1Password in Firefox will request the 1Password desktop app to unlock. We're tracking an issue where 1Password in the browser isn't prompting 1Password to unlock on occasion, but we've improved the state of play here in our beta / nightly releases: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.