1Password extension incorrectly detecting BambooHR password field

Options
rradonic
rradonic
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My company uses BambooHR (www.bamboohr.com), a website that times out your session every 30 minutes (non-configurable) and shows you a screen where you need to enter your password to refresh the session.

1Password thinks that this is a password reset form where you choose a password, instead of a login form where you provide an existing password, so the 1Password dropdown offers to generate a password for me.

Is there a way to explicitly make a rule for this website so that 1Password inputs my password here?

The BambooHR login page works fine, 1Password fills it out correctly. I'm guessing this issue happens because the login page has email address + password fields, while the session refresh page only has a password field.

I tried providing a screenshot but this forum said I'm not allowed to post attachments in this category.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Hi @rradonic .

I think a page structure of the problematic login form and screenshots would help us investigate possible solutions for you. Here are the steps to create a page structure:

1. Navigate to the site. When the session refreshes, place your cursor in the password field.
    2. Right-click in the input field to bring up the page context menu, and choose 1Password - Password Manager.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.

Then, you can email it and some screenshots (make sure to mask off any of your personal info) to us at support+forum@1Password.com. With your email, please include:

A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128272/1password-extension-incorrectly-detecting-bamboohr-password-field
    Your forum username: @rradonic

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• rradonic
    rradonic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me! I emailed the support team and got this ID in response: #LFD-22192-415.

• @rradonic

Thanks for sharing the ticket reference. I've been able to locate your email. Let's continue the conversation there. 😊

ref: LFD-22192-415

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi All,

Just found this thread as I was experiencing the same issue.

Let me know if there's anything further you need that I could provide as well.

• @passwordsbeegone

Thanks for chiming in! The issue here appears to be a matter of how we're designating the password field. For some reason 1Password thinks it's a "new" password field instead of an existing one. I've added your name to the list of users affected by this.

In the meantime, using the drag and drop feature should do the trick. I realize it's not the greatest experience, but should get the password filled for you. Sorry for the extra clicks here.

ref: dev/core/core#7314

This discussion has been closed.