V8 iOS Beta

Options
Wurlitzer
Wurlitzer
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

I have installed the v8 beta for iOS. When I try to save a new login, no password is generated for me.
Is this missing in the v8 beta or do I still need to enable this somewhere?

Comments

• Hey @Wurlitzer, thank you for the feedback.

Just to make sure I understand the issue you're describing, you're creating a new login via the app and not seeing a way to generate the password.

You're right that we don't automatically generate a password for you when creating a new item, but when you tap into the password field you should see a button near your keyboard that says "Create a New Password". Could you confirm that's what you see as well?

We will track your feedback and discuss ways we can improve this.

Cheers,
    Gabriele

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Wurlitzer

Thanks for taking the time to try out the Early Access. Is this happening with the 1Password for Safari extension, Password AutoFill in a different 3rd party app, or within the 1Password for iOS app itself? It might help me better understand where things are going wrong if you could please walk me through:

1. What steps are you taking
    2. What happens
    3. What you expected to happen instead

Additionally if it would be possible to recreate the problem using demo credentials (i.e. don't include any of your actual personal information) and then take a screenshot, that would be wonderful:

I look forward to working through this with you. 😊

Ben

• Wurlitzer
    Wurlitzer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I had the problem in a 3rd party app.
    After retesting, I could see the "Create new password" field next to the keyboard.

Thanks a lot!

• Wurlitzer
    Wurlitzer
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi,
    I had the problem again in edge browser.

This discussion has been closed.