1P on Windows does not allow Watchtower per vault where as 1P.com allows Watchtower per vault

Options
Powerless
Powerless
Community Member

I assume this is coming to 1P8 where Watchtower information is per vault as it is on 1P.com?

Here is what I have found...

1Password 8.6.1 on Windows:
1. Click on a vault
2. Click Watchtower and make a mental note of its detail
3. Click another vault
4. Click Watchtower and the Watchtower detail will be the same as the first vault

The Watchtower information is the same regardless of vault.

1Password.com:
2. Make sure All Vaults is selected
3. Click Watchtower and you'll see this message: Choose a single vault Watchtower needs a specific vault to focus on.
4. Select an actual vault, click Watchtower, the report will generate and will show detail for this vault
5. Select another vault, click Watchtower, the report will generate and will show detail for this vault

The Watchtower information is vault specific.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Powerless:

Great question. If you'd like to drill down and focus on a specific vault for Watchtower, creating a collection that contains only the vault(s) you'd like to view in Watchtower would be your best bet: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Jack

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member
    Options

Ah yes that works!

Out of curiosity, the 1P8 vs 1P.com experience is different for this. Not a major problem for me as I rarely visit 1P.com.

Collections do not seem to be present on 1P.com (?) and as in my first comment you have to click the vault on 1P.com to achieve the same functionality of a collection.

• Hi @Powerless, I'm glad to hear Jack's suggestion worked for you!

Collections are a feature of 1Password 8 and while the experience between the app and 1Password.com are different, we intend to continue to work on feature parity cross-platform where possible, but we can't make any promises about when this might happen.

Thanks for your feedback here and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.