One password multiple users

Mat123
Mat123
Community Member

There's been a request in this forum since 2018 to add support for 1Password to support scenarios where the same password is used with multiple users (as in first.last VS first.last@mail.com VS Domain\first.last etc).
What's the status of that request? the discussion in the forum was closed with no resolution to it. It's been now 4 years, how much more time do you need to support this?
Entries on that original question made it abundantly clear this is a regular thing on large corporate environments and not a weird request.
Is the 1 password team so disconnected from what the real-world enterprise environment looks like they can't see the hassle this introduces?

Before anyone replies, yes, I know about all the tricks with tags, folders, etc you can use to alleviate the problem. But it's still a hassle and not something we should have to go through 4 years after making it clear the 1 user 1 password design decision behind 1Password was flawed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Mat123! šŸ‘‹

Thank you for following up on this! I agree that this is something that we definitely want to address in the future and the internal conversation is ongoing, we want to be able to have a solution for scenarios like SSO and LDAP that works across all systems and is safe and intuitive to use. We're taking this request seriously and hopefully this is something that we'll be able to better support in the future.

I've added your request and comments to our internal tracker for the feature request so that they can help move the conversation forward.

At the moment the best way to store logins that use the same password is to have a single Login item with multiple website URLs or sections. Then, if the SSO platform that you're using doesn't support the exact same username across services, you could autofill the password and then copy and paste, or drag and drop, the username from a custom field in the Login item.

Thank you again for the suggestion. šŸ˜Š

ref: IDEA-I-412

This discussion has been closed.