Fingerprint enable issue after Android 12 (MIUI 13) update

mafelipe
mafelipe
Community Member

After upgrading to Android 12 (MIUI 13) I started to have issues enabling the fingerprint in 1Password, when I try to enable it it shows:
Biometric unlock could not be enabled because an error occurred: "java.security,ProviderException Keystore key generation failed" any idea how to solve it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• mafelipe
    mafelipe
    Community Member

I have tried to deinstall/install, also remove all the fingerprints, remove Lock Screen, reboot, enable Lock Screen and fingerprints, erase data in 1password but nothing worked

• Hey @mafelipe thanks for joining us on the forum! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Biometric unlock.

I'd like to ask you to trigger the biometric error then create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks again!

• mafelipe
    mafelipe
    Community Member

Email sent, many thx for your support.

• Hey @mafelipe, thanks for sending in the report! I can see we've followed up with you there so lets continue the conversation via email.

• DrPhant0m
    DrPhant0m
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I'm on a Note9 running Noble Rom 2.3 (Android 12, May patch level). Is there a fix?

• @DrPhant0m, thanks for joining us on the forum. I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with biometric unlock! If you've written in to our email support, lets continue the conversation there.

• LeeelooDallas
    LeeelooDallas
    Community Member

Hi, I'm also having this issue. I submitted diagnostics to this address: support+android@agilebits.com

Is this the right place to have directed my email? Thanks

• Hello @LeeelooDallas, sorry to hear you're running into biometric unlock issues! Sending diagnostics to that address should find its way to us. If you haven't received an email in reply from the Support team, please post your code hear so I can help track it down. The code will look something like [#ABC-12345-678]

This discussion has been closed.