Export Vault (moving work vault to separate account)

Options
Glenng
Glenng
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Lounge

I have a family account and have been using 1Password for both my work and personal. I would like to export my work vault to a new and separate 1Password work account. I am unable to find a way to accomplish this without exporting everything including my personal information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Glenng

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this question. It is possible to move items between vaults (and accounts) without exporting. To do so, add both accounts to the 1Password app on one of your devices. Then you can follow this guide to move the items from a vault in one account to a vault in another.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Glenng
    Glenng
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you sir,

This worked great!

• Ben
    Options

So glad to hear it worked out. 🥳 If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• BlackForestGuy
    BlackForestGuy
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I have a similar problem:

I have a work item (login, password, 2FA) stored in my personal account. Now, my boss needs permanent access to this item. Sharing the item is not an option, as this is only valid for 30 days.

How can I do that? Is there a way of creating a new account for him and then transferring the item in question into that account?

I hope you can understand what I was trying to say :)

Thanks!!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BlackForestGuy

Has your team evaluated our 1Password Business solution? This would allow you to have a vault permanently shared with your boss. It also has the benefit of making a 1Password Families account free for each 1Password Business user.

If we can help further on that front I'd encourage you to reach out to our business team. :)

Ben

• BlackForestGuy
    BlackForestGuy
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @Ben,

thanks for your reply - I upgraded to a family account and added my boss as a guest, so I could share a vault with him that contains said item.

That seems to work for now.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

@BlackForestGuy

Gotcha. Basically the inverse. The downside is that means you're shouldering the cost of securing your employer's data instead of them shouldering the cost to secure yours, but I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that works for you. 😃

Ben

This discussion has been closed.