1Password doesn't stay pinned to external monitor when waking up from sleep mode

Options
philsimon
philsimon
Community Member

Hello

I am a big fan of using multiple Mac desktops and an external monitor. I have pinned 1PW to my laptop's Desktop 8. Unlike the other apps, however, 1PW moves from its assigned place to the external monitor. It's not a big deal, but it's annoying. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Version 7.9.4 (70904001)
OS Version: Mac, latest

Comments

• @philsimon

I'm trying to reproduce this behavior. Can you give me more details? Are you referring to the main app or perhaps the helper at the top of the screen that is appearing on the external monitor?

• philsimon
    philsimon
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. Thank you. I’m talking about the Mac app. I’m not talking about the shortcut or the web browser.

• @philsimon

Thank you for the reply. How are you pinning the 1Password app to the external monitor? Are you using any third-party window management software? Could you post reproduction steps that we can follow in order to reproduce the issue on our end?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• philsimon
    philsimon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'm using Stay.

It just doesn't stick after I pin it to Desktop #8. It's the only app to routinely fails to stay where it shou.d

• @philsimon

Thanks for that it helps. Let me give that a go.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022
    Options

I am seeing much the same behavior. This might be a bug with Stay. It seems to record the position but it is not recalling it when opened as the preferences indicate it should. It also does not make a distinction between 1Password 7 and 1Password 8. Saving a position for 8 overwrites the position for 7 and vise versa. Off-hand it seems that may be looking for the name 1Password and not properly using the app name 1Password 7 and or 1Password 8.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022
    Options

@philsimon

Try opening Stay > edit stored windows and then click the pencil. Set the following for 1Password 7. Does that help? If not, it might be time to touch base with the apps developer.

Note: I entered the text 1Password 7

edit: Seems a bit iffy. I can get it to work once or twice and then it seems to stop.

• philsimon
    philsimon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. What do you mean by 'set the following?'

I see 1Password on the right for my external monitor but not for the native MBP.

As for contacting the developer, I have many times. It doesn't seem to be very responsive to updates and feedback. This makes me think that 1PW needs to update something on its end.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022
    Options

The green text in my screenshot under Title Match Pattern. I'd be happy to describe the issue to the team as see if they have any ideas.

This discussion has been closed.