How to export 1Password 8.6.1 logins into an ascii text file or csv file?

oghk2000
oghk2000
Community Member

How can I export 1Password 8.6.1 (on laptop) logins into an ascii text file or csv file?
I found instructions but they say to click on "...". I can't find the "..." Where is it?
I'm on Windows 10.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I export 1Password 8.6.1 logins into an ascii text file or csv file? I don't have "..." that instructions refer to.

Comments

• oghk2000
    oghk2000
    Community Member

windows 10.0.19044

• Greetings @oghk2000, thank you for the question.

You can get to the export feature by opening 1Password for Windows 8, then either selecting:

1. [Your Account Name] > Settings > Export (which is in the top-left corner of the app window)
    2. or by selecting the vertical ellipses button ( ⋮ ), which is also located in the top-left corner, and then Settings > Export.

With either of these workflows, you should be able to export to a .CSV file. Let me know if this works for you! 👍

• arbitro123
    arbitro123
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P
    I've tried to follow your instructions, but I don't see the Export option under Settings.

I'm on Windows 10 and using 1Password for Windows 8.7.1

• Hello @arbitro123, thanks for your response. I apologize for any confusion caused.

When exporting from 1Password 8, the export option is available by clicking the vertical ellipsis (⋮) in the top left of the app and selecting Export. I've also included the below guide to help with this process:

How to export data from 1Password

Please let us know if this information helps, but if you need further assistance, we'll be here for you!

• oghk2000
    oghk2000
    Community Member

Hello, I feel bad about starting this again. I think I gave up before because nothing worked. The most frustrating thing in the world is when someone says, "You just go here, click on this, then this, then you're done." and I can't even find the menu choices that are supposed to be obvious and easily available.

Windows Control Panel says 1Password version 8.8.0

I am on Chrome. I went to the url for 1Password login. No vertical ellipsis and when I find a settings menu choice there is no export.
    On my iphone, same thing.
    If I go to the Chrome menu bar I click on the 1Password icon and open it. On the upper right there is a vertical ellipsis.
    I click on it and get:
    Edit
    Add to Favorites
    Open in New Window
    Share . . .
    Copy Private Link
    Archive
    Delete
    Was there something before about not being able to export passwords in certain vaults? Like you can't export from the main, default vault?
    Thank you.
    Phil

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2022

@oghk2000

I believe you need to use the Desktop version of the app directly, not the browser extension.

Launch the Desktop version of the app, and then follow the directions in the link posted by @ag_mike_d above.

• Hello @oghk2000 and thank you @MrC,

As noted, after launching the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app (versus 1Password in the browser), you'll see the export menu as depicted below:

Please let us know if you are having any additional troubles. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.