Unknown categories?

igeneo
igeneo
Community Member

Latest beta turned up about a dozen “unknown” categories.

Any resolution on my side!

Comments

• @igeneo

Is it possible for you to share a screenshot? I'm afraid I don't follow you and that may be the best way to make sure we are on the same path. Have you tried quitting the app and starting up again?

• Please, do not send in 📸 containing sensitive information. e.g., passwords. Additionally, never share your 1Password password or Secret Key with anyone, including us!
  • igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Sure

Yes. Tried quitting

Sorry, didn’t mean to be so emphatic on my previous post, meant to be a ? Not a ! Beta is beta, stuff happens

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022

@igeneo

True, true, a beta is a beta, but if you encountered something that needs fixing a screenshot may help with that. I'd love to help. It's ok I read the ! as a ? anyway so we're all good.

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

So sorry, tried to upload twice from phone.. lets see how ipad works

• @igeneo,

If you navigate into one of those categories what do you see? did you enable the business/team account level beta feature known as "Custom Templates" ?

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

I think that may be it, years ago.

Darn, now I suppose I need to recreate those entries in “standard” categories

• Hello @igeneo, thank you so much for bringing this bug to our attention!
    I was able to reproduce and fix this issue.
    Please watch for it in the upcoming releases notes so you’ll know when it is available.
    Thanks for helping us making the app better and have a wonderful day! :)

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

Awesome!

• imaldonado
    imaldonado
    Community Member

@ag_maryam, I've found another bug that's likely related to the one above, but in case it's actually distinct and not resolved by the fix you worked on, I figured it's worth bringing to your attention:

In the latest iOS beta, for any template which was created by duplicating one of the defaults and editing the copy, new entries based on these templates show up and work as expected, however if I create a new item using one of the default templates which I had previously edited directly, none of my changes show up.

In other words, when I add for example a new Wireless Router item, the template for which I have heavily modified, none of my customizations appear — instead, it creates a new item based off the original Agilebits version of the template. To illustrate, here's a screenshot of what I get in 1PW 7 vs 1PW 8 after hitting New > Wireless Router:

It's also worth pointing out that in 1PW 8, any "Menu" fields within any entry which used to allow the user to select an option from a drop-down now show as empty Text fields. Not a tremendous loss however since we've sadly never been able to actually customize those fields or create our own (although that's something I've certainly wished for!)

Anyways, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.