I am constantly being logged out

ricocordova
ricocordova
Community Member

I am trying to transition from LastPass to 1Password. I have a few more days on the family trial and I have run into a deal breaker. I'm hoping there is a solution here.

Whenever I leave the computer for an extended period of time the browser extension logs me out. I found a "solution" to extend the time (or remove it?) for this, but I'm not seeing that setting anymore.

In either case, is it possible to have the extension retain my login for 10+ days before logging out?

If so, what are the exact steps to achieve this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ricocordova
    ricocordova
    Community Member

Wow. I'm finding one deal breaker after another with this product. Who uses this? There are sooooooo many missing features. It is the single most frustrating app I've used in over 5 years.

How in the hell do you expect people to pay for this garbage?

I HATE LastPass and have searched far and wide for a replacement. I found 1Password a few years ago and decided not to engage. I finally decided to give it a try a few days ago and it is so far from being a complete product that I can't imagine who would use this.

What other password managers are available for large family management AND have a full suite of features AND isn't cumbersome AF (like LastPass)?

• Hi @ricocordova:

Thanks for reaching out. To clarify, were you being completely logged out of the 1Password extension in your browser, or was it just requiring your account password to unlock? If you don't have the 1Password desktop app installed (or have our desktop app integration disabled), closing your browser and re-opening it will require 1Password in the browser to be unlocked again.

If the 1Password desktop app is installed and integrated with 1Password in the browser, 1Password in the browser will share a lock state with the 1Password desktop app, so 1Password in the browser will stay unlocked across browser restarts, as long as the 1Password desktop app is unlocked as well.

I'd love to get you connected with our Concierge team who would be happy to assist you in getting everything up and running. Let me know!

Jack

• nadelm
    nadelm
    Community Member

Hi, I started having this issue w/ 1Password 8. I am logged into two accounts, and only one of them (the same one each time) keeps logging me out. I'll enter my master password, it'll unlock 1Password. Then I'll need to unlock the second account.

• Hi @nadelm! Do your accounts have different passwords? If you change them so they're the same password, unlocking one will unlock them both each time.

• nadelm
    nadelm
    Community Member

Good to know, thanks!

• You're most welcome, @nadelm! 😀

This discussion has been closed.