1P8 on the Mac what to use for Safari

Hi,
I'm not sure if it's an issue with macOS 12.4 Beta but if I have installed on the Mac : 1Password 8 Beta I need to install 1Password 7 on top to have the Safari extension working .. if not it's ok on Edge and Chrome ... but nothing there on Safari ...

Did I missed something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022

@mcnahum

Yes, but it's ok. 🙂 We can help get you sorted.

1. Remove 1Password 7. DO NOT use an app cleaner.
    2. Download ‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store * Keep 1Password 8 installed.
    3. Enable it in Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
  • CrispyCrunch
    CrispyCrunch
    Community Member

Hummm... For my part, since i installed the latest beta of Monterey, 1Password for Safari do not show anymore. I quit 1Password, uninstalled/reinstalled, delete everything, clear Safari's cache. Nothing changed the situation, it is just not working now.

• CrispyCrunch
    CrispyCrunch
    Community Member

Hummm... For my part, since i installed the latest beta of Monterey, 1Password for Safari do not show anymore. I quit 1Password, uninstalled/reinstalled, delete everything, clear Safari's cache. Nothing changed the situation, it is just not working now.

• vstrom650
    vstrom650
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Similar for me. I was on macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and 1Password7 until today (iMac 24 M1) and everything worked fine.

Installed 1Pasword8 today and during installation 1Password7 was removed from the dock and zipped in application folder. Installed 1Password Safari extension 2.3.3 as recommended.

The extension does not work. It seems that the websites are not recognized. When clicking "Cmd #" the extension opens but does not recognize the website in Safari. But 1Password8 works with Google Chrome.

Update: 1Password8 deleted, 1Password7 installed again, 1Password8 installed again (1Password7.app was zipped by the installer), Safari extension 2.3.3 installed.

Websites are now recognized when clicking "Cmd+#", but not automatically. And it´s not possible to fill a logon sceen from the extension. Only copy and paste of password or user works.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022

@vstrom650

That's not the experience I have. I am curious what might be different between our setup's? I would like to have you write in to the extensions team where they can work with you to resolve this. They may need to capture logs too which would make email support the best place for such activities.

@CrispyCrunch

Same recommendation.

Thanks folks.

• Coastwest
    Coastwest
    Community Member

Not running any macOS betas (12.3.1 - 21E258) but I'm experiencing the same thing with 1PW8 not functioning with Safari. 1PW extension within Safari preferences is gone. Deleted 1Password for Safari (2.3.3) and redownloaded via App Store - no change. 1PW8 8.7.0 (80700095) running, 1PW7 is zipped.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022

@Coastwest @CrispyCrunch @vstrom650

Can you see if the following helps?

Just to confirm you've installed 1Password for Safari and it's visible in your Applications folder, and you've launched it at least once, correct? If so, let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac:
    3. Paste the following into Terminal (single line) and then press enter to run the command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app
    4. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.
  • Coastwest
    Coastwest
    Community Member

@ag_tommy - These instructions worked for me.

The 1PW extension was visible within Safari Preferences after command and re-launching Safari but the Enable box was unchecked. It required a system restart and doing the initial in-browser permissions for the extension. Thank you for the assistance!

• That's excellent news. It's very nice outside today. Try to get outside and enjoy it if you can. Provided that it's nice there too. You're most welcome.

• CrispyCrunch
    CrispyCrunch
    Community Member

Unfortunately, although i see the repertories in Finder, i can’t access them via Terminal. It says no such directory. I can go up to ‘Frameworks’ and when i list this one, i do not see CoreServices.Framework .

bernard@MacBook-Pro frameworks % ls
    CoreRepairCore.framework NetUpdateShared.framework
    CoreRepairKit.framework iTunesLibrary.framework
    IntegoiCalFramework.framework

Do you know what is my problem ?

• vstrom650
    vstrom650
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

@ag_tommy

Thank you for help! The recommended terminal script doesn't work for me. But I had other prerequisites as @Coastwest. In my case the 1Password extension was always checked in Safari preferences and I was able to open it by "CMD+#", but it doesn't fill the forms. It was only possible to copy and paste the required password from extension to Safari.

But I found the solution! In 1Password8 preferences the checkbox "Link with 1Password in Browser" was unchecked. Sorry, I am working with a German version and do not Know the exact description in English. I marked the checkbox and it works now!

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022

@CrispyCrunch

Make sure that all of that was on a single line? You should be able to copy and past this line. Please give that a try. If not, my best solution would be to get you over to the extension experts.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

• @vstrom650

Nice catch. I apologize. I had forgotten about that box. It might be time to push back from the Mac and head outside in the fresh air.

• CrispyCrunch
    CrispyCrunch
    Community Member

Finally, this is working. the command has been accepted and your procedure works fine!! Many thanks for your help !!!

• Nice one thanks for sharing CrsipyCruch. You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.