To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Failed to switch to an individual account

Options
Xevian
Xevian
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Memberships

Hey 1 password Team, please i need your help. I want to change from Family to personal subscription, but i get an error. Already delete Family members and shared vaults.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 10 | MS Edge Browser

Comments

• @Xevian
    The only error that comes to mind is if you have an older account, possibly deleted or frozen, that uses the same email address. The reason I say that is you can only have one individual account that uses the same email address. Do you know if you have an older/another account that used the same email address? * Please do not share that with me for your privacy as this is an open community.

If so, you can delete the older account, provided you do not need it. That should allow you to reuse the email address. I don't have access to such things here, and we also do not delve into specifics in the community for your privacy. For those reasons, I would recommend reaching out to my colleagues on the support team. Please use support@1password.com Be sure to include a link to this discussion so we can connect the two conversations.

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Tommy, never had a subscription account before with my mail. In the past, since year 2014 have used the standalone version of 1Password 4.0.x (no subscription) obviously licensed and registered with my e-mail.

The subscription model has been used since 2017 and was individual, then family and now I want back to an individual.

If I change the mail address, may it work the change from family to individual?

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

I finally switched from one email account to another and was able to switch from a family account to an individual account.

Thanks for the answer, it gave me clues to make the change

• @Xevian

Thanks for the update and you're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.