Is there a way to confirm that I've correctly setup the SSH integration in 1Password?

Options
awholelattelove
awholelattelove
Community Member

I originally posted here with a comment but didn't hear back; so I guess I'll post this as a new issue here!

I have this all enabled in 1Password and have tried following everything in this thread, but I am not sure how to confirm (if I have two keys, for GitLab, for example) if it's working. Is there a way to check? Creating keys on GitLab doesn't seem to work (I'm unable to pull from repositories in my account, so I think I'm missing something).

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @awholelattelove:

I'm sorry that your post was initially missed. Just to confirm, your SSH keys are in your Private vault (or Personal vault if you're using an individual account), correct?

Additionally, you need to have either added the snippet referenced here to ~/.ssh/config or set your SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment variable appropriately.

If you've set SSH_AUTH_SOCK, then ssh-add -l will show all identities, and if your keys are in a Private or Personal vault, they should be shown. If you're using the ~/.ssh/config method, then ssh-add -l won't show your keys presented by the 1Password agent.

If you're using ~/.ssh/config or SSH_AUTH_SOCK, then you can verify your GitLab SSH key using the "Verify you can connect" steps listed here: Use SSH keys to communicate with GitLab | GitLab

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.