1Password does not allow me to update a specific password entry

Options

I logged into my Microsoft account and 1Password offered the wrong password entry for it. So I entered the password manually. 1Password now offers to update the password entry, or create a new one.

It offers only a password entry that I do not want to update. Instead, 1Password should give me the option to choose (possibility to search) what entry I want to update.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Daniel1 !

Are you not able to click on the arrow on the right side to select an entry to update the credentials?

When clicking on that arrow, all matching entries are offered, and I'm able to select the one I want to change. 🤔

I'm using Vivaldi browser with 1Password extension 2.3.5.beta installed.

• Hi @DenalB,
    As always, thank you so much for your help in the Community.

Hey @Daniel1,
    As @DenalB mentioned above, you should be able to see the options to choose for updating. However, we will need to make sure the website's address is listed in the saved item:

Can you double-check the other item and see if the website section contains the related website? If not, we can edit the item and add the website URL to it, and you should be able to see it in the update selections.

• Daniel1
    Daniel1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DenalB, the web address was not filled in, which is why I wanted to update the 1P entry with the website. Sometimes you also have records that apply to more than one URL and you want to update an entry with an additional URL.

I was using KeePass 2 and the Firefox extension Kee, which is why I'm used to that kind of functionality. Hence my feature request.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Daniel1 !

the web address was not filled in, which is why I wanted to update the 1P entry with the website.

I'm not sure if the popup is updating the URL, too. I think you have to add the other URL(s) manually into your entry. 🤔

• Daniel1
    Daniel1
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB I don't need any help with using the product. I posted this as a feature request.

• Hi @Daniel1:

Thanks for your feedback! I've shared your thoughts internally. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to shape the future of 1Password. 😀

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-864

This discussion has been closed.