SSH Dialog does not focus when main app is closed

Hiya, I've been using the 1Password 8.7.0

80700090, on BETA channel

I guess this is a bug report? Apologies if I posted it in the wrong place

I've tried out the new SSH feature with the SSH agent and it's great, the only issue is when I don't have the 1password application open (but rather is running in the background) and git (for example) is trying to use the SSH key the dialog popup that says:

1Password is trying to allow "iTerm2" to use the key "KeyName" for SSH

The window showing this message isn't focused, so I need to use the cursor to press the allow button rather than being able to press [Enter] to move on

This doesn't seem to be the issue if I have the 1Password app open (even if minimised), it will take focus and allow me to press [Enter]

If I can provide more details let me know :)

Note: as an aside the support community new user flow isn't great, to post this I had to write the title of the post multiple times then got a generic "Permission Denied" error immediately which I figured out was because I hadn't verified my email address yet

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:ssh dialog focus

Comments

• Thank you for letting us know about this, @csilk. And may I say: welcome to the community! We're happy you've joined us here. 👋

I have passed on your report about the focus (or lack thereof) of that SSH dialogue. We'll look into it and see under what circumstances we can reproduce it on our end. Many thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#14895

And thank you for letting us know about the forum sign-up issue as well. I'll ask around about this on your behalf.

Welcome again, and we hope that (dialogue aside), you're enjoying the SSH feature. We'll keep the updates and improvements coming!

This discussion has been closed.